Update: Lexington Designates Emergency Shelters And Warming Centers
The City of Lexington has designated emergency shelters and warming centers that will be open Monday and Tuesday as dangerously cold air moves in.
Open 24 Hours:
- Hope Center Emergency Shelter for Men, 360 W. Loudon Avenue
- Salvation Army Emergency Shelter for Women and Children, 722 W. Main St.
- MASH Drop Inn Center (youth 0-17 yrs.), 536 West Third Street
- Catholic Action Center, 400 East Fifth Street
The following locations have been designated as Daytime Warming Centers:
- Dunbar Recreation Center, 545 N. Upper Street, special extended hours Monday and Tuesday from 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Harvest Worship Center, 2011 Oxford Circle, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- New Life Day Center, 224 North Martin Luther King Blvd., special extended hours Monday and Tuesday, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Senior Citizens Center, 1530 Nicholasville Road, special extended hours Monday and Tuesday from 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Lextran will offer free bus rides for people going to an emergency shelter or warming center on Monday and Tuesday.
Citizens can call Lextran at 859-253-4636 to get the location of the nearest bus stop.
People in need of shelter or other human service assistance may call 2-1-1.
For emergencies, always call 9-1-1.
Everyone is encouraged to check on their neighbors and loved ones, especially the elderly and people with special needs.