Fayette Sheriff Winter Care transportation, drug pick-up activated
FAYETTE COUNTY, Ky. (WTVQ) -The Fayette County Sheriff’s Office has activated the transportation and prescription pickup portion of the Winter Care Program.
The assistance provided is as follows:
* Transportation to and from employment for those who are employed in
the healthcare industry or professionals that provide direct healthcare services
* Transportation to and from a critical medical appointment
* Pick-up of critical prescription medications
* Welfare checks for our most vulnerable citizens
* Distribution of winter coats and blankets
If you or someone you know are in need of assistance this winter for any of the above, call the Fayette County Sheriff’s Office and ask for Winter Care.
The Winter Care Program began 18 years ago as a result of the 2003 ice storm.