Expect delays as paving work continues on I-75 in Scott County
SCOTT COUNTY, Ky. (WTVQ) – The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet advises motorists that temporary lane closures are necessary for asphalt pavement rehabilitation, including replacing the base and surface, on a stretch of I-75 in Scott County.
Interstate 75 – North & Southbound
- hours of work are 7 p.m. until 6 a.m. each evening/morning (Mondays through Fridays)
- no weekend work is planned at this time — this could change pending on weather and project progress
- the speed limit will be reduced to 55 MPH with double fines in effect
Friday, August 6
- temporary concrete barrier wall placement is in effect during nighttime hours
- milling operations are in effect during daytime hours
- both SB and NB directions are reduced to one lane in each direction for temporary concrete barrier wall placement
Monday, August 9 through Friday, September 3
- temporary concrete barrier wall placement will be in effect during nighttime hours
- milling operations will be in effect during daytime hours
- traffic will be maintained with two lanes while operations are in effect for the left/fast lane, left shoulder, and half of the center lane
Motorists should continue to plan for and expect delays, according to the state.
The anticipated completion date for the project is Tuesday, November 30.
All work/closures are scheduled on a tentative basis, and subject to change depending on weather conditions, emergencies, and other factors beyond the control of the Department of Highways.