Easing Family Tension at Thanksgiving – Dr. James Stillwell
LEXINGTON, Ky. (WTVQ) – The holidays may bring families together, but for some family members, that may not seem like the greatest idea.
Dr. James Stillwell explains the following tips on keeping your emotions and spirit in good health during Thanksgiving:
1. Bury the hatchet: Go into the gathering with a spirit of thankfulness.
2. Hold your tongue: Before you say anything, ask yourself, Is it necessary? Is it kind?
3. Watch your rhythm of life: Give yourself a break to go for a walk, etc. to restore your energy if you need to
4. Simplify, delegate, and have fun.
5. Permission to reinvent traditions: Be open to doing things differently.