Alltech’s Inaugural Kentucky Gathering to Kick Off Tuesday
Free parking is available onsite for all events. On the weekend, free hourly trolleys will be offered from the Fifth Third Bank Pavilion downtown to the Alltech Arena, Friday, Nov. 1, from 1 p.m. to 11 p.m., and Saturday, Nov. 2, from 2 p.m. to 11 p.m.
Highlights of the Kentucky Gathering include:
• Dine Lexington! Restaurant Week, Friday, Oct. 25 – Sunday, Nov. 3 – Explore Lexington’s dining scene during Dine Lexington! Restaurant Week. Locally owned and operated restaurants throughout the city will be offering special $25 fixed price menus. The list of participating restaurants and their special menus can be found at www.kentuckygathering.com/dinelexington.
• Wednesday, Oct. 30 – American Saddlebred Night – The high-stepping American Saddlebreds will take the ring in hopes of claiming top trophies. In a fun twist to the evening, show jumping competitors will participate in a horse-swap exhibition round. Free admission.
• Thursday, Oct. 31 – Indoor Halloween Trick-or-Treating, 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. – Stay safe and warm with free indoor trick or treating with your child’s favorite characters! Free admission.
• Thursday, Oct. 31 – The $100,000 Double H Farm Open Jumpers – International show jumpers will compete for a generous purse. $10 admission.
• Friday, Nov. 1 – Barn Night in the Bluegrass – Horse-crazy youth and budding equestrians in the region will gather at the Alltech Arena to show “barn spirit” throughout the night with attire, banners and cheers. Registered participants will be eligible to win prizes, including a trip for four to the Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games™ 2014 in Normandy. $10 admission for Alltech National Horse Show events Friday evening. Barn Night in the Bluegrass is free with registration at www.alltechnationalhorseshow.com/barnnight.
• Friday, Nov. 1 – LIFEFORCE Elite™ Puissance – The thrilling high-jump for equestrians in which horse and rider will jump an intimidating wall that rises with each round of competition. World-class equestrians will attempt to clear heights as high as 7 feet. $10 admission for Alltech National Horse Show events Friday evening.
• Friday, Nov. 1 – Saturday, Nov. 2 – Savor Kentucky, 2 p.m. to 8 p.m – A sampling event featuring Kentucky’s best craft beer, bourbon, and food, sensory sessions with Master Brewers and Distillers, and live music. Free admission, though a $10 ticket is required for beer and bourbon sampling (includes sampling tokens and a 5-ounce commemorative pilsner glass).
• Friday, Nov. 1 – Saturday, Nov. 2 – Outdoor Family-Friendly Activities, 12 p.m. to 7 p.m. – The outdoor children’s area will feature bouncy houses, pony rides, face painting, and even a mini jumping course that mimics equestrian show jumping. Free admission.
• Saturday, Nov. 2 – $250,000 Alltech Grand Prix – The crown jewel of the Alltech National Horse Show, former Olympians and top riders from around the world will compete in the ultimate course test for show jumpers. $20 admission.
• Saturday, Nov. 2 – The Biggest Loser RunWalk – Both parents and children can get fit with Jackie and Dan Evans from NBC’s weight-loss reality TV show in one of three races. The 1Mile Kids Fun Run starts at 11:30 a.m. and 5K and 15K races both start at 8:30 a.m. Registration required at www.biggestloserrunwalk.com or on race day if space allows. Registration prices vary.
• Sunday, Nov. 3 – ASPCA Alfred B. Maclay Final (all day) – The ASPCA Alfred B. Maclay has historically determined the next big stars in equestrian sport. Qualifying junior riders from each region of the country will be judged through a series of difficult tests designed to prove their skills. $10 admission.
All events will be held at the Alltech Arena on the grounds of the Kentucky Horse Park, unless otherwise noted. Admission to events during the Alltech National Horse Show is free for children ages 12 and younger and for seniors ages 65 and older. Further details on all events can be found at www.kentuckygathering.com.