YMCA sets fourth annual Senior Health and Resource Fair
LEXINGTON, Ky. (WTVQ) – The YMCA of Central Kentucky, in partnership with AARP Lexington, The Willows at Citation and Bank of the Bluegrass will host the fourth annual Senior Health and Resource Fair on Thursday, Sept. 30.
Adults 55 and older are invited to the North Lexington Family YMCA to receive useful healthy living resources.
There will be free health screenings and door prize. This FREE event takes place from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. and is open to the community!
Information and opportunities available at the Senior Health and Resource Fair include:
- SilverSneakers® class demonstration
- Flu shots (Medicare or insurance card needed)
- Memory, stroke, diabetes screenings
- Legal, financial, real estate advisors
- First responders and safety specialists
- Safe shredding services for sensitive personal documents will be supported by AARP (shredding will be located outside the Y)
“Supporting the annual North Lexington Family YMCA Health Fair is one more way AARP is supporting our community,” said Dr. Merrylyn Moran Smith, AARP Kentucky Executive Council in Lexington. “We’re excited to help fight fraud and offer the public an opportunity to clean out and safely destroy outdated financial documents on-site with Wildcat Shredding.”
The AARP Fraud Watch Network helps you keep yourself and your family safe from fraud and scams. To learn more, visit aarp.org/fraudwatchnetwork for news and tips on how to spot common scams.
For more information, contact Bob Johnson at email@example.com or call 859-258-9622.