Woman suffers smoke inhalation from kitchen fire

LEXINGTON, Ky. (WTVQ) – A woman had to be treated at the scene for smoke inhalation following a stove fire in her apartment kitchen, according to the Lexington Fire Department.

Firefighters say the call came-in at 5:40 p.m. Thursday for a fire in a unit at the Continental Square Apartments on Continental Square.

When firefighters arrived, the people who live in the apartment had already put out the fire on the stove, according to investigators.

Firefighters say the woman who was treated at the scene did not have to go to the hospital.  Investigators say her injuries were minor and not life-threatening.

The small fire was contained to the one apartment.

Categories: Featured, Local News, News

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *