With Kroger Field site closed, UK opens two new vaccination locations
LEXINGTON, Ky. (WTVQ) – COVID-19 vaccinations are now available to children 12-15 and anyone age 16 and over at UK HealthCare vaccination locations operated by UK Pharmacy Services.
Friday, May 14, was the last day at Kroger Field for the UK COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic. Beginning Wednesday, May 19, UK vaccinations will be offered at:
2317 Alumni Park Plaza, Tuesday – Friday, 9 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- 2317 Alumni Park Plaza, Lexington, KY 40517 (This site includes a drive-thru option.)
DIRECTIONS AND PARKING: Alumni Park Plaza is located at the southwest corner of New Circle Road and Alumni Drive. From Alumni, just after passing over New Circle, take the first right onto Chauvin Drive, and then right onto Sterlington. Sterlington makes a sharp curve to the left, and then the entrance to the parking lot will be on your right (follow the signs).
FREE surface parking is available just outside the front door.
University Health Pharmacy, Tuesday – Friday, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- 830 South Limestone, Lexington, KY 40536
DIRECTIONS AND PARKING: For University Health Pharmacy, park in the Kentucky Clinic Parking Garage on Huguelet Avenue. (Note that there will be a fee for parking.) As you enter the Kentucky Clinic building from the garage, go through the large double doors immediately in front of you and, if necessary, take the elevator to the first floor. Exit the elevator to the left and proceed down the long hallway toward the Starbucks. Just past the Starbucks, there will be a vestibule with vending machines to the right. Exit the building there, and cross directly into the University Health Service Building. Vaccinations will be given on the first floor, in the open area just past the staircase.
Appointments can be requested. Individuals who need to schedule boosters after May 14 can receive their second dose at one of the above locations.
Parents can request an appointment invitation for their child below. A parent or guardian must accompany anyone under 18 to the appointment.
Vaccinations continue to also be available to all adults at both locations.
Any questions related to the sign-up process can be directed to 859-218-0111.
COVID-19 vaccinations are completely free.
Request a vaccination
By completing the vaccine request form, you will be added to the database of those requesting to receive the COVID-19 vaccine at locations operated by UK HealthCare Pharmacy Services. After completing the form, you will receive an email inviting you to make an appointment at the location of your choice. Once you receive the invitation, please respond as quickly as possible.
- You will get an access code that allows you to schedule your appointment. This code is FOR YOUR USE ONLY. Do not share your access code with others. Instead, we encourage you to share ukvaccine.org with anyone interested in receiving vaccination. At this time, there is plenty of vaccine available for anyone who registers for an appointment.
Please note the following:
- The FDA has authorized the emergency use of the Pfizer vaccine to prevent COVID-19 in people 12 and older under an Emergency Use Authorization (EUA). However, anyone younger than 18 who receives a vaccination appointment must come to the appointment with a parent or legal guardian.
- Each day, UK HealthCare will assess the individual requests based on their priority as outlined above. Once your request is prioritized, you will receive your invitation and will be able to select a date and time to receive your vaccine.
- Invitations will be issued on a rolling basis.
- Once you are moved to the top of the queue, you will be invited to select a date and time for vaccination when the phased vaccine rollout gets to your risk group. Vaccines will be given at two locations in Lexington: 2317 Alumni Park Plaza, which offers indoor and drive-thru options; and University Health Pharmacy, on the first floor of the University Health Service Building, 830 S. Limestone.
- Both the Pfizer and Moderna COVID-19 vaccines require two doses – an initial shot that will be followed by a booster shot weeks later. UK HealthCare is prepared to provide individuals with both doses, as allocations become available. Read more about the vaccines.
- UK HealthCare will not charge for COVID vaccination.
- Those who cannot access our online tools, or need assistance filling out this form, may call 859-218-0111 for assistance.
- If you have questions about the COVID-19 vaccines, please visit our FAQs.
- If you have a health condition and have questions about whether vaccination is recommended for you, please talk to your health care provider.