Wild Thyme – Garlic and Herb Marinated Beef Tenderloin
* 8 tablespoons olive oil
* 2 2 1/4- to 2 3/4-pound pieces beef tenderloin (thick end), trimmed
* 6 garlic cloves, minced
* 2 1/2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme
* 2 1/2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary
* 6 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 375 °F. Rub 1 tablespoon oil over each beef piece. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Heat 2 large nonstick skillets over high heat. Add 1 beef piece to each; brown on all sides, about 5 minutes. Place beef pieces in large roasting pan. Mix 6 tablespoons oil, garlic, 2 tablespoons thyme and 2 tablespoons rosemary in small bowl. Coat top and sides of beef pieces with mustard, then with herb mixture. Roast until meat thermometer inserted into center of beef registers 125 °F for medium-rare, about 45 minutes. Transfer to platter. Let stand 10 minutes. Cut beef into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 tablespoon each of thyme and rosemary and serve.