UPDATE: Shooting suspect brought back to Lexington from L.A.

LEXINGTON, Ky. (WTVQ) – A man charged in connection to a car-to-car shooting that left a 17-year old girl wounded, was brought back to Lexington on Wednesday from Los Angeles, to face charges, according to the Office of Fayette County Sheriff.

Investigators say J’Mere Bryant is charged with assault and wanton endangerment in connection to the shooting in the intersection of North Broadway and Fourth Street on March 1, 2019.

Lexington Police say on that date, they began receiving calls around 3:30 p.m. about shots being fired from one vehicle toward another.

Investigators say they think it all began near Georgetown Road and Newtown Pike and continued east on Fourth Street toward downtown.

They say shell casings were found in the intersection of North Broadway and Fourth Street.

Police say a short time later, the driver of one of the vehicles involved showed up at a hospital with a teenage girl who had been shot.  At the time, investigators said the girl’s wounds were serious, but were not believed to be life-threatening.

Police have not said what led to the shooting, other than it was “some sort of altercation.”

J’Mere Bryant is due in court to answer to the charges on Thursday.

Categories: Featured, Local News, News

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *