UK Police Issue Crime Bulletin Following Report of Sexual Abuse
LEXINGTON, Ky. (WTVQ) — University of Kentucky Police issued a Crime Bulletin Monday after a student was sexually abused on campus.
See Crime Bulletin fro UK below:
In the interest of safety, the University of Kentucky Police Department has issued the following Crime Bulletin for the UK community.
A Campus Security Authority received a report of sexual abuse of a student on campus that occurred on May 2, at approximately 8 p.m. It was reported that the student was in contact with a male through the social media app Whisper and that she met the male individual in person, known to her as “Mo.” The incident was reported to have occurred at the Gatton College of Business and Economics where the suspect pulled the student to his lap, grabbed her inappropriately and kissed her. The suspect was only described as a male who was approximately 6’3” in height.
University of Kentucky Police Department has issued this Crime Bulletin for the UK Community in compliance with the “Timely Notice” provision of the federal Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Police and Campus Crime Statistics Act of 1998.
If anyone has information to report about this incident, please contact UK Police at (859) 257-8573.
The University of Kentucky values a safe community for all students, staff, faculty, and visitors. In the interest of promoting a safe and secure campus environment, UK Police offer the following safety precautions:
If you see something, say something. For emergencies, call 911.
- Be an active bystander. If you think someone is at risk, consider it an emergency and get involved.
- Consent for sexual contact is not implied.
- Meet new, unknown individuals with friends.
- Download and use the LiveSafe Application
- Take the UKPD taught S.T.A.R.R class
- Request a FREE SAFECATS student safety escort or coordinate after-hours on-demand bus service during the fall and spring semesters by calling (859) 257-SAFE(7233).
- Request a FREE WILDCAB ride during the fall and spring semester by going to www.uky.edu/kentuckywildcab
- Make statements with authority – “BACK-OFF! STOP! NO-WAY!” You deserve to be respected.