UK Police: Download LiveSafe App
LEXINGTON, Ky. (WTVQ) – University of Kentucky police want students to be prepared, if they come across an active shooter situation on campus, like the one that happened Monday at Ohio State University.
On Twitter, UK police posted a link to the YouTube video “RUN. HIDE. FIGHT.® Surviving an Active Shooter Event.” Officers say in the wake of the reported active shooter in Ohio, they want students to watch the video.
They are also urging students to download the LiveSafe app, which allows students, faculty, staff and visitors to:
- Share Information– App users can submit tips for suspicious activity, harassment, or even a malfunctioning traffic signal, all with two-way text communications with the police. You can even submit pictures or videos with your tip, straight from you mobile phone. Tips can be sumbitted anonymously if you choose.
- Have a friend’s back with SafeWalk– Participate in a virtual escort and monitor your friend’s location in real-time on a map. Users can chat with one another or call 911, if needed, from within the app.
- Navigate Campus-– Access a building list and receive turn-by-turn walking or driving directions to any building on the Lexington campus.
- Summon Emergency Help- Call 911, call -859-257-UKPD or message campus police in an emergency from within the app. Safety officials can leverage location-data in an emergency, allowing faster response times!
- Access Emergency Information and Resources-– Fast access to campus emergency procedures as well as on and off campus resources right in the app.
LiveSafe can be downloaded from Google Play or the App Store.