Tuesday is National Voter Registration Day
LEXINGTON, Ky. (WTVQ) – Tuesday, Sept. 24 is National Voter Registration Day. It’s a day set aside to remind people to renew their registration or get registered.
The Office of the Kentucky Secretary of State is reminding all eligible Kentuckians that the deadline to register to vote in the 2019 General Election is Monday, October 7, 2019.
To be eligible to vote, Kentuckians must:
• Be a U.S. citizen.
• Be a Kentucky resident for at least 29 days before Election Day.
• Be at least 18 years old on or before the General Election.
• Not be a convicted felon, or if convicted of a felony offense, must have obtained a restoration of civil rights.
• Not have been adjudged “mentally incompetent.”
• Not claim the right to vote anywhere outside Kentucky.
• Young people who are 17 years old but will be 18 years old on or before the November 5, 2019 General Election are eligible to register as well.
Voters who have recently moved need to update their voter registration information by no later than October 7, 2019.
If you’d like to register or re-register to vote, click HERE. The deadline to register is Oct. 7.