Traffic Advisory: Street closures Saturday in downtown Lexington
LEXINGTON, Ky. (WTVQ) – Downtown Lexington will be a busy place on St. Patrick’s Day. There is a road race, a parade, a festival and the Boys’ Sweet 16 basketball tournament at Rupp Arena.
As a result of all the downtown events, there are a number of temporary street closures for the 8:00 a.m. Shamrock Shuffle road race and the St. Patrick’s Day Parade at 1:00 p.m., which are part of the 39th Annual Alltech Lexington St. Patrick’s Parade & Festival.
Street Closures for the Shamrock Shuffle:
Starting at 7:00 a.m.:
• Vine St at S Broadway.
• High St at Mill St.
• Main St at Mill St.
• Main St at MLK.
• Vine St at Limestone.
• Short St at Upper St.
At 7:45 a.m.:
• Vine St closed between Main and Broadway.
• Midland Ave (entire street).
• Main St between Woodland Ave and Mill St.
Street Closures for St Patrick’s Day Parade and Festival:
• Early closure at 11:00 a.m. – Midland Avenue (entire street).
• Closure at 12:45 p.m. – Main Street from Walton Ave to Mill St.
• Short Street from Limestone to MLK – 6:00 p.m. Friday – 11:00 p.m. Saturday.
• N. Limestone – Right lane and turn lane from Main St to Barr St – Saturday 8:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
• Barr Street – from Limestone to Courthouse (Eastbound lane only) Saturday 8:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.