Total Solar Eclipse Events in Lexington & Richmond
LEXINGTON, Ky. (WTVQ) – Thousands of people are heading to the towns in the direct line of Monday’s eclipse to get the best view. If you’re staying closer to home, there are plenty of options for enjoying the eclipse.
- The Living Arts and Science Center
- The center will have arts and science activities –including NASA’s live feed of “Experience the 2017 Eclipse across America” in the planetarium.
- free event with free eclipse glasses for the first 300 visitors.
- The center will be open from 12 to 4.
- Kentucky Horse Park
- The dark event from 1:30-3 p.m. at Rolex Stadium.
- The cost is half- price off the regular park admission.
- There will be food trucks and crafts and the first 250 people there will be given free glasses.
- Thoroughbred Park, Raven Run, McConnell Springs
- Eclipse viewing parties
- Eastern Kentucky University
- Starts at 12:30 at Campus’ Observatory deck.
- Free eclipse glasses
- large telescopes with solar filters will be available for use.