Signs seeking information about boy’s killing taken down

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) – Signs seeking information about the fatal shooting of a 7-year-old boy have been taken down in a Kentucky community, prompting concern from the victim’s family.

Local news outlets report that at least five signs asking people to call Louisville Metro police with tips about the May killing of Dequante Hobbs Jr. have disappeared within a week of their June 13 installation.

Hobbes was killed last month when a stray bullet came through a window and struck him at home. Police said that a fight at a dice game in an adjacent home preceded the shooting.

The victim’s family believes the sign may have been taken down by someone who knows the shooter. Hobbs’ mother Micheshia Norment said the sign removal is disturbing.
No arrests have been made in the case.

Copyright 2017 The Associated Press.

Categories: News, State News

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *