Scott County home lost to fire on Valentine’s Day

SCOTT COUNTY, Ky. (WTVQ)- The owner of a home on Josephine Road says it was his wood-burning stove which started the fire that burned his home, Sunday morning.

Crews say it happened only about 10 minutes from the scene of the fatal accident. They say they got there and started to work on putting the fire out but the home is a total loss. Crews say they also had a close call on the scene.

According to firefighters, one of their own was nearly trapped when the home’s floor started collapsing. He was able to get out. No one was injured.

Categories: Local News, News

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *