SCAPA team claims top state honor
LEXINGTON, Ky. (WTVQ) – The speech team from the School for the Creative and Performing Arts at Bluegrass won its 23rd consecutive junior division championship in the Kentucky High School Speech League’s 2020 state tournament.
These students competed Feb. 28-29 at the University of Kentucky, guided by coaches Katie Donohue, Macy Reed, and Connor VanMeter, with assistance from Principal Beth Randolph.
Standouts included the following:
- Broadcast Announcing: Holly Taylor, second place; Samantha Miculinich, third;
- Declamation: Maddie Andreatta, first place;
- Dramatic Interpretation: Melody Daniels, fourth;
- Duo Acting: Anna Curry and Owen Scott, second; Eloise Logsdon and Annelise Brown, fourth;
- Extemporaneous Speaking: Maddie Andreatta, first place;
- Humorous Interpretation: Aina Marti, third; Katherine Worrell, fifth;
- Impromptu: Sophie Watson, first place; Maddie Andreatta, fifth;
- Improvisational Duo: Bei Bei Sheng and Nina Tay, first place; Owen Scott and Evan Riegert, second;
- Original Oratory: Samantha Miculinich, first place;
- Poetry: Lily Woolley, fifth;
- Prose: Sophie Watson, fourth;
- Storytelling: Aina Marti, first place; Evelyn Hruby, fifth.