Lexington hotel evacuated after pool chemical mix-up

A hotel employee was taken to the hospital after complaining of having difficulty breathing

LEXINGTON, Ky. (WTVQ) – Guests at the Residence Inn on Wall Street in Lexington were evacuated Wednesday morning after a maintenance worker accidentally mixed pool chemicals that produced a toxic vapor, according to the Lexington Fire Department.

Firefighters say the call came in at 8:48 a.m. for a report of a person experiencing difficulty breathing.  The maintenance worker was taken to the hospital and was in stable condition, according to the fire department.

Firefighters monitored the condition of the air in the building and ventilated the pool area.

Guests were allowed back in the hotel around 11:00 a.m.

Categories: Local News, News

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *