Prosecutor: Man hired in Kentucky family slayings

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) — A prosecutor says a man charged in the slayings of his parents and sister in western Kentucky was allegedly involved in a murder-for-hire scheme with a fourth victim found in the home.

Commonwealth’s Attorney G.L. Ovey says authorities believe Ryan Champion killed the other man involved in the scheme.

Champion, 36, was indicted in Trigg County Wednesday on one count of murder, three counts of complicity to commit murder and complicity to commit kidnapping.

Along with Ryan Champion’s family members, the body of 22-year-old Vito Riservato was found at the family’s home in Cadiz last month. All four died of gunshot wounds. Ovey says authorities believe Champion enlisted Riservato, then killed him.

Riservato was reported to be the lone perpetrator in the slayings until Champion was arrested Oct. 31.

 

©2014 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Categories: News, State News