5 more inmates, one staff positive for COVID in Fayette jail
LEXINGTON, Ky. (WTVQ) – Five more inmates and another staff member have tested positive for the coronavirus, according to the latest report from the Fayette County Detention Center.
In a report Wednesday afternoon, Capt. Matt LeMonds said the number of inmates testing positive since the outbreak began five weeks ago rose to 99 from Tuesday while the number of inmates testing negative increased by 12 to 616 as the jail continues to expand testing among both inmates and staff under the direction of the Lexington Fayette County Health Department.
According to Wednesday’s report from the Lexington Division of Community Corrections, the jail:
- 99 inmates have tested positive for COVID-19
- 616 have tested negative
- results are pending for 84 inmates
- 799 inmates have been tested so far
- 11 staff members have tested positive, up one from Tuesday
- 102 staff members have tested negative, up seven from Tuesday
- results are pending 37 staff members
- 150 staff members have been tested so far, up 12 from Tuesday