Neighbor’s frantic concerns send firefighters to stove fire

LEXINGTON, Ky. (WTVQ) – A woman’s frantic screams at her kitchen fire sparked a big response from the Lexington Fire Department when a neighbor called worried the woman was trapped in her burning house.

The call came in at 11:58 a.m. and crews arrived at the home in the 900 block of Applecross Drive west of Georgetown Road near Citation Boulevard within minutes to find a fire on the stove and the resident trying to put it out with a gallon of milk and other items, firefighters said.

Crews quickly extinguished the blaze but the stove and microwave were a loss. The woman was not injured.

Categories: Featured, Local News, News

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *