National College Players Association poses Coronavirus concerns at March Madness
LEXINGTON, Ky. (WTVQ) – The National College Players Association released a statement Saturday asking the NCAA to not allow fans during March Madness because of the Coronavirus.
Coronavirus and college athlete health & safety: NCPA calls on @NCAA and colleges to act quickly to protect college athletes.
“… there is no time to waste.”
Read full statement:https://t.co/NmvyFjChSR
— NCPA (@NCPANOW) February 29, 2020
In an interview with Bloomberg Monday night, NCAA Chief Operating Officer Donald Remy said NCAA is assessing options.
“If you can think of it, it’s something that we’ve gone through an analysis around,” NCAA Chief Operating Officer Donald Remy released Monday. “We’ve contingency planned for all circumstances.”
March Madness officially begins in two weeks in Dayton, Ohio.
At the University of Kentucky Men’s Basketball game Tuesday night fans say they won’t be deterred until the coronavirus is closing to home.
“It’s not close to us right now,” Elizabeth Hunter said. “That may change in three days, but at the moment it’s not in Kentucky
One of the previously selected locations for tournament play that could be an issue is Spokane, Washington.
The state declared a State of Emergency on Saturday after two people died from Coronavirus.