Lower cases, higher seven-day average in Fayette County’s latest COVID report
LEXINGTON, Ky. (WTVQ) – New cases and deaths are down in Fayette County’s latest COVID report, but the seven-day moving average is still moving up.
According to the Lexington-Fayette County Department’s morning report Monday, the county recorded 114 new COVID cases Friday, down from Thursday’s 138, 129 Wednesday and 130 Tuesday. The seven-day moving average continued to rise, coming in at 117, up from 81 and 101. The seven-day average is a good indicator of how the virus is spreading in the community.
The new cases pushed the county’s total to 53,129.
The death of one Lexington resident in January has been linked to COVID, pushing the total number of residents lost to COVID-related causes to 451.
Need a COVID-19 vaccine this week? There are several options:
Vaccines available for children, adolescents, and adults:
Register online with Wild Health for one of these school locations:
- Athens-Chilesburg Elementary, 930 Jouett Creek Drive
- Coventry Oak Elementary, 2441 Huntly Place
- Tates Creek Elementary, 1111 Centre Pkwy.
- Wellington Elementary, 3280 Keithshire Way
Vaccines available for children ages 5 to 11 only:
- Cardinal Valley Elementary, 218 Mandalay Rd. – register at (859) 288-2425
- Mary Todd Elementary, 551 Parkside Drive – register at (859) 288-2425
- William Wells Brown Elementary, 555 E. 5th St. – register at (859) 288-2425
- Consolidated Baptist Church, 1625 Russell Cave Rd. – register at (859) 252-2371 or sign up online with the health department
Find vaccine information at www.vaccines.gov/search.
The monthly totals of COVID-19 cases during the outbreak are:
- 110, March
- 143, April
- 507, May
- 793, June
- 1,702, July
- 2,538, August
- 2,804, September
- 2,736, October
- 6,070, November
- 5,991, December
- 6,155, January
- 2,694, February
- 1,314, March
- 1,027, April
- 689, May
- 287, June
- 1,331, July
- 5,435, August
- 5,967, September
- 2,350, October
- 2,140, November
Lexington’s COVID-19 numbers are updated Monday-Friday at lfchd.org.