Lit cigarette starts fire, burns shed

LEXINGTON, Ky. (WTVQ) – A man smoking tossing a lit cigarette in some dry leaves makes for some excitement for a Lexington neighborhood Thursday afternoon.

Firefighters say the leaves caught fire and spread to a small storage shed next to a home on Breckinridge Drive near Pemberton just before 5 p.m.

The shed burned down but firefighters had it knocked down in about 10 minutes and kept it from spreading to the nearby home.

“The home owner may have been doing some type of activity outside and smoking, he did report that he was smoking cigarettes around a pile of leaves and those may have been involved so the lesson here probably is good house keeping,” said Lexington Fire Battalion Chief Brad Whittaker.

No one was injured.

Categories: Featured, Local News, News

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *