LFD: Cigarette blamed for catching business on fire

LEXINGTON, Ky. (WTVQ) – A discarded cigarette is being blamed for catching a Lexington business on fire Tuesday evening, according to the Lexington Fire Department. Investigators say around 6:20 p.m., the lone worker at Bluegrass Truss Company on Lima Drive saw smoke filling the warehouse. He immediately called 9-1-1 as did an alarm company that monitors the business.

Investigators say the discarded cigarette in a smoking area outside the building caught a side wall on fire, which quickly spread into the roof. Firefighters say the sprinkler system inside the building kept the fire from spreading. Investigators ruled the fire “accidental.” No one was hurt.

Categories: Local News, News

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *