Lexington FOF kicks off 2015 toy drive
LEXINGTON, Ky. (WTVQ) – Lexington’s Fraternal Order of Firefighters (FOF) is asking citizens to help make the holidays brighter for thousands of Lexington kids by donating to its 84th Annual Toy Drive.
The Toy Drive gave toys to more than 3,000 children last year. Firefighters hope to serve just as many this year, but we need your help. Donations from the community, churches, civic groups, individuals as well as local businesses keep this program running.
If you would like to participate, donations are being accepted at all Lexington fire stations. The FOF is looking for a variety of toys for boys and girls ages 0-12 including: dolls, bikes, balls, action figures and more. Any gift donated must be unwrapped.
If you know, or have, an eligible child who could benefit from receiving a toy from our drive, you can sign them up according to the following directions.
All applications must be completed and turned in at 2245 Frankfort Court during the following times:
- Mon-Wed: 9:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
- Thurs.: 9:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m.
- The person applying must be the legal guardian or parent of the child.
- The person applying must have a valid and current ID. The ID must have the same address as the application address.
- The person applying must have proof of residence in the form of a lease or bill. Note: food stamp information, insurance bills, and social security information MAY NOT be used as proof of residence.
- The person applying must have the child’s birth certificate or a letter of attendance from a Fayette County school.
- The child must be between the ages of birth to 12 years old.
For more information, contact the FOF at (859)523-9576, or go to its website at www.lfdfof.org.