Lexington FD: Neogen Building Evacuated Due to Carbon Monoxide Leak

The Lexington Fire Department has reported the Neogen Lab has been evacuated due to a carbon monoxide leak.

They tell us the leak began at the Mercer Lane location around 9:30 Friday morning.

According to the fire department, Haz-Mat crews have arrived to assist at the scene.

Firefighters said the building is currently being ventilated.

There’s no word yet on what caused the leak or if there have been any injuries.

According to the company’s website, Neogen’s Lexington location specializes in animal safety and develops veterinary instruments, veterinary pharmaceuticals, nutritional supplements, disinfectants, and rodenticides.

Categories: Local News, News

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *