Lexington Business Evacuated Because Of Carbon Monoxide

Lexington Firefighters said the detection of carbon monoxide led to an evacuation Friday at a business.

Investigators said it started when an employee at Neogen on Mercer Road smelled something funny.

Investigators say Columbia Gas crews found a dangerously high carbon monoxide level.

Firefighters ventilated the building after evacuating about 35 employees.

Investigators were working to figure out where the carbon monoxide came from.

They said the leak could have come from a forklift that had charged overnight in the warehouse.

Categories: Local News, News, WTVQ Local News (do not use)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *