Lexington accepting grant applications for neighborhood projects
Small grants designed to make big difference in neighborhoods, corridors
LEXINGTON, Ky. (WTVQ) – Continuing through March 1, the Lexington Corridors Commission will accept applications for the Neighborhood Enhancement Match Grant Program.
The grant program is designed to enhance Fayette County’s corridors by partnering with neighborhoods and other community-based groups to make improvements.
There are 31 eligible corridors. Grant proposals must be for areas that abut a corridor or are on a corridor. Applications should include activities that are open to the public and benefit the whole corridor, for example:
– Physical improvements to public or community property;
– Activities to plan, promote, or finance voluntary clean-ups;
– Neighborhood improvement efforts; or
– Activities to enhance the beauty of corridors through landscape maintenance.
“The Corridors Commission, for a long time, has worked tirelessly on initiatives to beautify Lexington’s roadways,” said Councilman James Brown, Commission Chair. “I strongly believe these grant opportunities help to empower our neighborhoods to join us in this effort!”
The program is a 2:1 matching grant, which means for every $1 requested, the applicant must provide an additional $0.50 match.
Learn more about the Corridors Neighborhood Enhancement Match Grant by visiting the Corridors Commission website.
- Alumni Drive (Nicholasville Road to Man O War Blvd.)
- Athens Boonsboro Road (Man O War Blvd. to I-75)
- Citation Blvd. (Leestown to Newtown Pike)
- Clays Mill Road
- Georgetown Road (New Circle to Iron Works)
- Georgetown Street
- Harrodsburg Road
- High Street
- Iron Works Pike
- Leestown Road
- Liberty Road
- Main Street
- Man O War Blvd.
- Manchester Street (Jefferson Street to Forbes)
- Maxwell Street
- Midland Avenue
- New Circle Road
- Newtown Pike (South Broadway to Iron Works Pike)
- Nicholasville Road
- Old Frankfort Pike
- Paris Pike (New Circle Road Iron Works Pike)
- Richmond Road (Hanover to I-75)
- Russell Cave Road (North Broadway to Iron Works Pike)
- Tates Creek Road (Sunset to Ashgrove Pk.)
- Todds Road (Man O War Blvd.to Polo Club Blvd.)
- Upper Street (Main Street to South Limestone)
- Versailles Road (Angliana to Man O War Blvd.)
- Vine Street
- Winchester Road (Third Street to Man O War Blvd.)