Kentucky Humanities awards over $800,000 to COVID-impacted organizations
LEXINGTON, Ky. (WTVQ/Press Release) – Kentucky Humanities has awarded $800,382 to 51 cultural organizations throughout the state through funds from with National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH) as part of the $1.9 trillion American Rescue Plan Act.
Kentucky Humanities ARP Grants provide funding to museums, archives, historic sites, and other nonprofit cultural agencies impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
“Businesses across the country, including not-for-profit agencies, continue to feel the devastating impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic,” said Bill Goodman, Kentucky Humanities Executive Director. “This money appropriated by Congress will help many cultural organizations throughout the Commonwealth get back on their feet and adapt to the societal changes COVID-19 has brought. Kentucky Humanities is glad to work with the National Endowment for the Humanities to get these much-needed funds in the hands of humanities-based organizations throughout Kentucky.”
Kentucky Humanities ARP Grants have been awarded to:
- African American Heritage Foundation, (dba Kentucky Center for African American Heritage)
- Historic Russellville dba Seek Museum
- Frazier Historical Arms Museum Foundation, Inc.
- Historic Locust Grove, Inc.
- Henry Clay Memorial Foundation
- National Underground Railroad Museum Inc.
- Reckoning, Inc.
- Kentucky Historical Society Foundation
- Georgetown and Scott County Museum
- Appalshop, Inc.
- Muhammad Ali Museum and Education Center
- Hindman Settlement School
- Asia Institute – Crane House
- Carnegie Center for Literacy dba Carnegie Center for Literacy and Learning
- The Lincoln Museum
- The Filson Historical Society, Inc.
- I Was Here, Inc.
- The Berry Center
- Historic Mansions Preservation (dba Mary Todd Lincoln House)
- Red River Historical Society
- Bluegrass Music Hall of Fame and Museum
- Harrodsburg Historical Society
- Shaker Village of Pleasant Hill
- Ballard-Carlisle Historical and Genealogical Society
- Appalachian Artisan Center of Kentucky, Inc.
- Lexington Children’s Museum (dba Explorium of Lexington)
- Meade County Historical & Archaeological Preservation Society (MCHAPS)
- Portland Museum
- Barren County Historical Foundation/South Central Kentucky Cultural Center
- Upper Town Heritage Foundation (dba The Hotel Metropolitan Museum)
- Pioneer School of Drama dba Pioneer Playhouse
- Jesse Stuart Foundation
- Highlands Museum & Discovery Center, Inc.
- Maysville Mason County Library, Historical and Scientific Association (dba Kentucky Gateway Museum Center)
- Kentucky Railway Museum, Inc.
- The St. James Court Historic Foundation, Inc. (dba Conrad-Caldwell House Museum)
- Three Forks Historical Museum
- Lexington Writer’s Room
- The National Quilt Museum, Inc.
- Pennyroyal Arts Council
- Kentucky Steam Heritage Corporations
- KMAC Museum
- Art Center of the Bluegrass, Inc.
- Bell County Historical Society
- Friends of Oxmoor Foundation, Inc. (dba Oxmoor Farm Foundation)
- Simpson County Historical Society
- Mt. Vernon-Rockcastle County Tourist Commission, Inc. (dba Kentucky Music Hall of Fame and Museum)
- Bardstown Nelson County African American Heritage Museum
- Breathitt County Arts and Tourism Center
- Paramount Arts Center
For information about Kentucky Humanities’ programs and services, and more details about the American Rescue Plan Grants, visit kyhumanities.org.