Officials believe electrical issues causes house to burn down

POWELL COUNTY, Ky. (WTVQ) – A two story horse burned to the ground Friday morning.

The fire broke out at a home just before just before 1 a.m. on Maple Street in Stanton.

Firefighters say the fire is believed to have started in the kitchen area of the home because of an electrical fire.

The home was fully engulfed in flames when firefighters arrived on scene.

Four other fire departments responded to assist the Stanton Fire Department.

Firefighters say the homeowner is in jail on an unrelated charge and no one was home when the fire broke out.

The home was around 100 years old.

Categories: Featured, Local News, News

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *