Hearty Vegetable Soup Recipe From KY Beef Council
1 Beef Roast (1-2lbs) Chuck Roast
1 quart of tomatoes (with juice)
1 cup of carrots
¼-1/2 cup of onions
2-3 cups potatoes
1 cup frozen peas
1 cup frozen corn
1. Place roast in pot, cover with water. Boil roast until fork tender. Let beef cool and shred with fork. Reserve liquid beef was boiled in. This will be the base of your stew.
2. Return shredded beef to stew pot.
3. Add tomatoes with juice, carrots, onions, potatoes.
4. Bring to a rolling boil. Add frozen corn and peas.
5. Let simmer for 20-30 minutes.
6. Serve hot.
Recipe courtesy of Imogene Bromagen.