Heading to the game? Know the security policies at Bridgestone
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WTVQ) – Fans attending the 2016 SEC Men’s Basketball Tournament in Nashville this week should be mindful of the security policies for the event at Bridgestone Arena.
All guests will be subject to search and all bags will also be searched. The arena currently has a size limit on bags of 18″ x 6″ x 18.” Bags that are medically necessary and diaper bags of any size are permitted after undergoing a search. Backpacks and coolers are NOT permitted regardless of size.
All guests will also be subject to a walkthrough metal detector when entering the arena.
A list of items not permitted inside the arena follows. Guests found in possession of contraband items will be subject to expulsion from the facility and the contraband items confiscated.
The following items are not permitted inside Bridgestone Arena:
- Backpacks and large bags are not permitted. All items brought into Bridgestone Arena are subject to a security search
- Bottles or cans *Please note Bridgestone Arena allows (1) empty water bottle per guest
- Food and drink purchased outside
- Frisbees and/or beach balls
- Laser pointers
- Any noise making devices, specifically air horns with sirens, whistles
- Weapons and dangerous devices of any type
- Megaphones and Voice Amplification devices
- Selfie Sticks
- GoPro Cameras
- Illegal drugs and alcohol
“The safety and security of our teams, fans and event personnel are a priority in our preparation for this SEC championship event,” said SEC Commissioner Greg Sankey. “Considering recent events, we ask our fans to be attentive to their surroundings and to be patient as we implement measures that may provide some inconvenience but ultimately offer an environment of safety for those attending the weekend’s events.”
The SEC is encouraging fans to arrive early enough to get through security and leave any unnecessary items at home or in their cars. Gates open 75 minutes prior to tip for all games.