Grandfather, son safe after Lexington house fire

LEXINGTON, Ky. (WTVQ) – A grandfather and child are are okay, after a fire sent them out of their home Wednesday afternoon

Lexington firefighters say the fire happened on Chantilly Street.  Firefighters say the home suffered significant damage inside.  The grandfather and child were the only two people in the home, and were not injured, according to firefighters.  Damage to the home, however, is significant enough that the two will not be able to stay at the home, at least for a day.

Fire officials say there wasn’t a smoke detector in the house, and they are emphasizing the importance of having one.  The Lexington Fire Department does have a program where qualifying applicants can receive a free smoke detector.  To learn more, click here, or call them at (859) 231-5668

Categories: Local News, News

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *