Game tickets, scholarships, other prizes encourage UK student vaccines
“Vaccines remain our best defense against this virus,” said UK President Eli Capilouto. “We want to reach — and exceed — an 80% vaccination rate among our university community. That’s another crucial component of our promise to make it easy to be safe on the University of Kentucky campus. We hope these incentives help us reach this important goal.”
To be eligible for the incentives, students must:
- Be enrolled in one or more courses in UK.
- Have received at least their first dose of a Moderna, Pfizer or other World Health Organization-approved two-dose COVID-19 vaccine, the one-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine or another World Health Organization-approved single-dose vaccine.
- Self-report their vaccine information if they were vaccinated by a non-UK provider.
If all of the above criteria are met, to enter, vaccinated students must also submit an entry here. Vaccinated students who do not submit an entry at this link will not be eligible to win a prize.
“Our students have been committed, since the beginning of this pandemic, to making the right decisions for the good of their peers, loved ones and broader community,” said Kirsten Turner, UK vice president for student success. “We are excited to reward them for doing their civic duty and acting with the compassion that is core to who we are at the University of Kentucky.”
How to Enter
Step 1: Get vaccinated.
- Any student who has already received the COVID-19 vaccine at UK can proceed to the next step.
- Any student who has received the COVID-19 vaccine through a non-UK provider should submit documentation and proceed to the next step.
- Any student who hasn’t been vaccinated but who would like to enter the drawing should request a vaccine appointment. Vaccines are provided on campus at no cost.
Step 2: Submit an entry.
- Once a student has been vaccinated (received at least their first dose of a Moderna, Pfizer or other World Health Organization-approved two-dose COVID-19 vaccine, the one-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine or another World Health Organization-approved single-dose vaccine), they must complete this form to be entered for a chance to win.
Students can win a variety of prizes, including a tuition scholarship, Education Abroad scholarship, season passes to UK football and basketball home games, Railbird Festival tickets, Keeneland tickets and much more. A full list of prizes is available here.
Once a student has been selected for an incentive, they will not be eligible for additional incentives this academic year.
Winners will be notified by phone call or email.
For more information, or to find answers to frequently asked questions, visit this webpage. Members of the community can also email firstname.lastname@example.org for questions about the vaccine incentive program.