Free trash disposal day
LEXINGTON, Ky. (WTVQ) – Fayette County residents can unload their trash for free this weekend.
The City of Lexington is partnering with the Bluegrass Regional Transfer Station to offer a free trash disposal day for non-hazardous household waste.
The event will be held Saturday, January 13 from 6 a. m. to 1 p.m. at the Bluegrass Regional Transfer Station, located at 1505 Old Frankfort Pike.
Fayette County residents may drop off up to one pickup truck load of household waste.
Bulky items, such as mattresses, furniture, and up to four off-the-rim tires, will be accepted at this event.
Yard waste, construction and demolition debris, hazardous waste, appliances and electronics, appliances, electronics and hazardous materials such as pesticides, motor oil and paint will not be accepted during Trash Disposal Day.
The guidelines for the free disposal day are:
• Participants must present a valid Fayette County drivers’ license
• All loads must be fit in a standard truck bed
• All loads must be covered by a tarp
• Only household waste will be accepted
• No more than four tires will be accepted and tires must be off the rim
• No tire rims will be accepted
• No commercial vehicles allowed
• No hazardous materials or free-flowing liquids
Lexington offers free disposal days four times a year: January, April, July and October, usually on the third Saturday. Visit www.LexingtonKY.gov/TransferStation for more information on normal disposal rates and transfer station hours of operation.
For more information on the free disposal day, call LexCall at 3-1-1 or 425-2255.
For information on other waste disposal opportunities in Lexington visit www.LexingtonKY.gov/LiveGreen.