Florence home catches fire after hoverboard explosion

FLORENCE, Ky. (WTVQ) – A hoverboard explosion Tuesday night set a Florence home on fire.

Firefighters were called to the home on MacIntosh Lane at about 9:30 p.m.

The family said one of their hoverboards started to make a clicking noise as it was charging, so one of them picked it up to throw it outside, but the toy exploded.

No one was injured. Most of the damage, estimated at less than $5,000, was contained to the home’s living room.

Over the summer, the Consumer Product Safety Commission recalled more than 500,000 hoverboards after dozens of reports of fires and spewing smoke.

Categories: News, State News

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *