Fireworks in trash cans ignite fires in Lawrenceburg

LAWRENCEBURG, Ky. (WTVQ) – Fireworks that hadn’t properly cooled spelled a busy night for firefighters in Lawrenceburg.

The department said the fires in in trash cans placed next to the house that had used fireworks placed in them.

“We wanted to share this as an example of the importance of not placing your Herbie trash cart against the house,” the department said in a social media post.

Before placing used fireworks or ash tray contents into the trash, thoroughly wet them to prevent a fire. Likewise, fireplace ashes or grill ashes shouldn’t be placed in the trash as they can remain hot enough for days to start a delayed fire.

Categories: Featured, Local News, News

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *