Fire heavily damages mobile home in Winchester

WINCHESTER, Ky. (WTVQ) – A fire heavily damaged a mobile home early Monday in Winchester but fortunately none of the three residents were home at the time and no injuries were reported, according to the Winchester Fire Department.

But a firefighter narrowly escaped injury and possibly being trapped when he fell through the floor of the mobile home located on Market Street at Fulton Street.

The fire was reported at about 4:45 a.m. Monday and when firefighters arrived, they found flames coming from the roof at the rear of the home, the department said. Firefighters began battling the blaze and one fell through the floor but was quickly pulled to safety.

The roof on the trailer, which is in the Quick Shop Trailer Park, later collapsed, according to firefighters.

The owner of the home and her child have been out of town since Friday, according to her mother, who has been watching the residence. She was there Monday morning seeing if anything could be salvaged.

She said nothing was on in the home so it’s unclear what might have sparked the blaze. A neighbor spotted the flames and called 911, she said.

Categories: Featured, Local News, News

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *