Fire Destroys Scott County Home
Crews said the fire likely started near the garage then spread up the house into the attic.
The first floor and part of the back of the home collapsed.
Crews said no one was home when it started. They believe renters had just moved out but all their stuff was still inside which crews said made their job tough.
“It’s pretty cluttered in there, even up in the attic we had a hard time once we got some ceilings pulled in the attic then it had plywood or plywood type boarding on the floor to store stuff so the house is just full,” said Mike Fuller, Scott County Fire Chief.
One firefighter was taken to the hospital with chest pains from heat exhaustion but crews said he’s going to be okay.