Fire destroys duplex on Olympia Road

(LEXINGTON, Ky.) Two families are displaced because of a house fire around 3:30 a.m. Friday. The Lexington Fire Department says the fire started in the Kitchen.

Crews responded to the house fire in the 3500 block of Olympia road. Officials say the house is a duplex and that the residents were in the home at the time of the fire, but everyone made it out safely.
 
One neighbor, Lisa Hayden told ABC 36 that she was awakened by her neighbor and could see smoke seeping through her section of the house.  Hayden says the fire was quickly spreading and she’s grateful she woke in time to evacuate.

"It only takes a second," said Hayden. "God was definitely with us. The babies, that’s what it’s all about. Everything else can be replaced, but human life cannot!"

When fire crews arrived they say the fire spread into the attic of the duplex. Fire officials told ABC 36 that there is smoke damage mostly in unit 3501 where the fire initially started.

ABC 36 was told the Red Cross has stepped in the help the families.

Categories: Local News, News

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *