FCPS announces tentative dates for last day of school, graduation
LEXINGTON, Ky. (WTVQ) – Fayette County Public Schools has released its schedule for the last day of school and high school graduation.
Fayette County Superintendent Manny Caulk says he will ask the Fayette County Board of Education to amend the school calendar to make Friday, May 31, 2019 the last day of school for students.
If approved by the board, based on the availability of Rupp Arena, the district says high school graduation ceremonies would have the following schedule:
• Monday, June 3, 2019, 10 a.m. – Paul Laurence Dunbar High School
• Monday, June 3, 2019, 1:30 p.m. – Tates Creek High School
• Monday, June 3, 2019, 5 p.m. – Bryan Station High School
• Tuesday, June 4, 2019, 10 a.m. – Frederick Douglass High School
• Tuesday, June 4, 2019, 1:30 p.m. – Henry Clay High School
• Tuesday, June 4, 2019, 5 p.m. – Lafayette High School
Under state law, the school calendar must have at least 170 days and 1,062 hours of instruction. Caulk says with this recommended revision, schools will have 176 instructional days and exceed the required hours.