Family of four hospitalized after house fire

MT. STERLING, Ky. (WTVQ) – Montgomery County Fire officials say a family of four is in critical condition this morning, after a house fire in Mt. Sterling.

According to Montgomery County Fire officials, they responded just after 12:30 a.m. to a structure fire on Foster Branch Road.

Crews say a unit from a local volunteer station arrived on scene first, and saw heavy fire and smoke coming from the home.

They say four people were inside the home when the fire ignited; two adults, and two teenagers.

According to Montgomery County Fire officials, the homeowner says she was alerted by the smoke detector inside the home.

Crews say the woman woke up and noticed smoke coming from her children’s bedrooms, and went inside to pull her children out, while also getting her husband out of the home.

They say all four residents were transported to UK Hospital, three by ground, and one was airlifted.

Crews say it’s unknown at this point on the severity of injuries for the four residents.

Montgomery County Fire Chief Jeffery Jackson says fires like this shows the importance of having smoke detectors inside your home.

” Without the smoke detector we don’t know what this could’ve been,” said Jackson.” But you know make sure everyone does have a smoke detector, make sure it’s working, it’s checked, batteries running and everything like that.”

Categories: Featured, Local News, News

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *