Ex-Louisville players suing NCAA over vacated wins

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WTVQ) – Former University of Louisville basketball players and their attorneys announced Wednesday they will file a lawsuit against the NCAA.

Attorney John Morgan, of the law firm Morgan and Morgan, says Louisville basketball players Luke Hancock and Tim Henderson will file a lawsuit over the ruling last year to take away Louisville’s wins from 2011-2015.

“We’re here to get back what was wrongfully taken,” Morgan said. “We’re here today to clear names. We’re here today to reinstate awards. We’re here today to reinstate all those wins.”

The NCAA decided to strip the team of their wins after the organization was made aware of an escort scandal.

The basketball team was stripped of its 2013 national title and its title banner.

The ruling was the first of its kind in NCAA history.

The Kentucky program was also ordered to forfeit about 600-thousand dollars in tournament payouts from those seasons.

Morgan accuses the NCAA of punishing the players and exploiting young athletes

“I cannot think of today a more awful organization in America and I don’t know anybody that doesn’t agree with me,” Morgan said.

Categories: Featured, News, Sports, State News