Essity to help feed needy in Lexington for Thanksgiving
HARRODSBURG, Ky. (WTVQ) — Essity, a leading global hygiene and health company with North American headquarters in Philadelphia and a plant in Harrodsburg, Ky., will feed thousands of families this Thanksgiving by making meal donations on behalf of their employees in each of the main markets where they have operations.
Essity will donate two meals per employee, and with over 3,000 Essity employees, a total of approximately 7,000 meals will be donated.
“Thanksgiving will look quite different this year, due to the pandemic, unemployment and food insecurity. And while many of us wonder who we will be celebrating with, we know that for some, how to put food on their table is their priority,” said Don Lewis, president, Essity Professional Hygiene North America. “Essity is committed to supporting the communities where our employees live and work, which is why we want to ensure that no one goes hungry this Thanksgiving.”
In the United States, Essity has operations in 10 primary locations, including the site in Harrodsburg.
Lewis adds, “We are grateful for the contributions that our hardworking employees have made to the company and the community during this difficult year, and it is on their behalf that we hope to make a difference where they live and work.”
Essity will be partnering with the following charities, which will be distributing holiday meals to families in their local regions next week:
- South Glens Falls-Greenwich, NY: The Open Door Mission of Glens Falls
- Philadelphia: Operation Turkey
- Neenah-Menasha, WI: Feeding America Eastern Wisconsin
- Harrodsburg, KY: Lexington Rescue
- Bowling Green, KY: First Christian Church
- Middletown, OH: Hope House Mission
- Charlotte, NC: Charlotte Rescue Mission
- Barton, AL: Salvation Army
- Oklahoma City, OK: The Free Food Pantry, Inc. & Educational Center
- Kent, WA: The Bread of Life Mission