EKU PD investigating string of burglaries
RICHMOND, Ky. (WTVQ) – Police at Eastern Kentucky University say they’re investigating several on-campus burglaries that have all happened in the last week.
Officers say that, in each case, someone has been entering locked offices in school buildings, and that textbooks have been the primary target.
EKU Police are reminding students, faculty, and anyone on-campus of the following safety precautions:
- Always lock office doors when away, including for short periods.
- Lock doors and windows at the end of the work day.
- Take note of suspicious persons (try to obtain a detailed description) or activities and immediately report to EKU Police at 622-1111 or with the LiveSafe App.
- Do not assume that someone else may have reported a door or window that does not lock properly. Report the problem to Facilities Services.
- Secure laptop computers, electronic devices and other valuables in locked drawers or other spaces.
- Please leave personal items at home. Do not store personally identifiable information (i.e. social security numbers) or protected health information (i.e. personal medical records) in the work environment.
- Do not leave strangers alone in your work area.
- Report suspicious or out of place individuals or vehicles to Police immediately.
- Report loss of keys promptly to Facilities Services.
- Always store office keys in a locked area; do not leave them in an open, easily seen area.
- Download the FREE LiveSafe App http://publicsafety.eku.edu/livesafe-mobile-safety-app#_ga=1.131120463.1935209001.1463753681
- See something; say something!