Eastin Road reopens after firefighters work to fix gas leak
LEXINGTON, Ky. (WTVQ) – The Lexington Fire Department says Eastin Road has been re-opened after several hours as crews tried to redirect a gas leak that was reported Monday morning.
Firefighters say one person was evacuated from their home in response to the leak, which was near Bryan Station High School, in the 200 block of Eastin Road.
According to crews on the scene, the leak was from a methane pocket about 200 feet below ground level.
Fire officials say one truck will remain on scene to monitor the scene and air.
Leave a Reply