Domestic violence call leads deputies to drugs, weapons, cash
PULASKI COUNTY, Ky. (WTVQ) – A domestic violence call leads to more than $8,400, a
stolen gun, more than three pounds of marijuana and a pound of meth and drug trafficking charges against a Somerset man who already has one prior drug conviction and is indicted on another drug charge, according to Pulaski County investigators.
According to Sheriff Greg Speck, 41-year-old Jason E. Woods was arrested Thursday morning after deputies Danny Pevley, Karl Clinard and Trent Massey responded to the domestic call.
While deputies were at the residence trying to get someone to come to the door, a woman approached and told them she lived at the residence and had a dispute with her boyfriend, Speck explained.
When she told them her boyfriend was Woods, the officers realized he was wanted on a Pulaski County Circuit Court indictment for meth trafficking. After a short time, Woods came to the front door and was arrested, Speck said.
Upon questioning, Woods revealed he had marijuana in the residence. Woods and the woman consented to a search and deputies found $1,206 in his pockets, according to the sheriff.
During the search of the house, deputies located about three pounds of marijuana, some 31 grams of meth, digital scales, baggies, and two safes, Speck said.
Deputies got into one safe but couldn’t open the other one, which Woods said contaied drugs, according to the sheriff. Deputies seized that safe along with other items.
Also located during the search were two handguns, including a .380 Bersa pistol that had previously been reported as stolen, and a 12-gauge shotgun.
Deputies obtained a search warrant for the unopened safe and discovered about a pound of meth, about five grams of heroin, suspected Oxycodone, suspected Xanax, various pills, $7,211.00 in cash, baggies, and paraphernalia, the sheriff said.
Woods also has a prior drug conviction, making it illegal for him to possess a firearm, the sheriff said.
In addition to the Pulaski Circuit Court Indictment, Deputy Pevley placed the following additional charges on Woods:
- Trafficking in a Controlled Substance 1st Degree 1st Offense (methamphetamine) (> or = 2 grams) (Enhancement)
- Trafficking in a Controlled Substance 1st Degree 1st Offense (heroin) (> or = 2 but < 100 grams) (Enhancement)
- Trafficking in a Controlled Substance 1st Degree 1st Offense (> or = 10 D.U. drug unspecified)
- Possession of Firearm by Convicted Felon
- Receiving Stolen Property (Firearm)
- Trafficking in Marijuana 1st offense (8oz. to <5 lbs.) (Enhancement)
- Trafficking in Controlled Substance, 3rd Degree, 1st Offense (> or = 20 D.U. but < or = 120 D.U. Drug Unspecified) (Enhancement)
Deputies were assisted by the Pulaski County Sheriff’s Office Criminal Investigation Division and the Pulaski County Sheriff’s Office Narcotics Division.
The case remains under investigation by Deputy Dan Pevley and the Pulaski County Sheriff’s Office Narcotics Division.