CPE to host Kentucky Association of Institutional Research, data guideline meetings
FRANKFORT, Ky. (WTVQ)—The annual Kentucky Association of Institutional Research conference and the CPE Data Guidelines will be meeting March 7-8 at the Council on Postsecondary Education offices in Frankfort.
Hosted by CPE, the meetings will highlight new research presentations, offer professional development and discuss compliance for data collection and submissions.
In addition to a variety of informational workshops at both meetings, the KAIR agenda includes a keynote address by Garvel Kindrick, director of data research for ZeeMee. Eight research presentations are on the agenda, including:
– The Postsecondary Feedback Report – What Are the Current and Future Outcomes for Kentucky Postsecondary Graduates? Presenters are Scott Secamiglio, senior research analyst, visual analytics lead, KYSTATS, and David Mahan, CPE.
– Pilot Nursing Career Pathway Program of Study: Georgia, presented by Tim Shaughnessy, director of career pathways, Southern Regional Education Board.
– How Much Do Students Actually Pay to Attend Kentucky Public Universities?, presented by David Mahan, Travis Muncie, senior data analyst, and Cody Davidson, senior policy analyst, CPE.
– The Power of Prediction: Something Easier than Regression Analysis, presented by Meg Wright Sidle, director, institutional research and effectiveness, University of Pikeville.
– UK’s Path Forward – Making Sense of the Dollars & Cents, presented by Craig Rudick, executive director of institutional research and lead data scientist, and Andy Simonds, business data analyst, University of Kentucky.
– Toward a Strategic and Holistic First-Year Retention Predictive Model, presented by Drew Thiemann, director of institutional research and effectiveness, and Jim Breslin, dean of student success, Bellarmine University.
– Is Kentucky’s College Readiness Policy a Barrier to Access and Success?, presented by Muncie, Mahan, Davidson, CPE.
– Transforming Student Surveys into Operational Questionnaires, presented by Virginia W. Lacefield, enterprise architect, and Adam Lindstrom, data scientist, University of Kentucky.
For more information about CPE’s data, research and analytics, visit www.cpe.ky.gov.